WCBA has several extractors available for rent to our members.
Guidelines for renting WCBA extractors
1. You must have an up-to-date membership in the WCBA in order to borrow a club extractor.
2. You must show a completed state inspection form for the current year.
3. The usage fee is $15 per time. This fee goes into a fund for repairs on our club extractors and for purchase of new ones.
4. You must bring the extractor back CLEAN for the next person to use. To clean it:
a. First hose off thoroughly with COLD water to remove all honey, wax and propolis.
b. Then wash with hot water and soap, and rinse.
c. Finally use a 10% bleach solution to sterilize all surfaces (1 cup bleach + 9 cups water).
d. Drain thoroughly and let stand to dry.
5. During harvest season, the extractor may be in high demand. Please return it promptly so that others may use it.
6. Good luck with your honey harvest!!
Additional Note for WCBA’s MAXANT series 3100 extractor: This extractor is very old. It has been recently repaired and is in good working order, but it is still a bit fragile. Watch out for sharp edges on the steel drum! Please bring it back undamaged!
To rent a club extractor, please contact one of the following: